Food & Occasional Ramblings!

A blog about food and anything else that interests me.....

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Homemade "apple compote" muffins

Ingredients :

1 small jar of Apple compote (an apple sauce w/ big apple pieces)
180 g caster sugar
1 medium egg
75 g melted butter
225 g self-raising flour

Procedure:

>> Preheat oven to 180 deg.
>> Mix apple compote and sugar well.
>> Beat egg in, add melted butter, stir to combine.
>> Then add flour, stirring well until combined.
>> Spoon into paper muffin cups and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until risen and golden brown.

Makes 6 large or 12 small muffins.


************************

I made this muffin for my kids last thursday and they really liked it....it's another healthy alternative to store-brought "sugary" cookies and muffins. You can even substitute apple compote to mashed bananas or any other fruits you like....

I always try to be creative with my cooking and baking....and yes, I never fail because my kids love everything I make ( or they just enjoy eating like every other kids :)).

Friday was another story......

4 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home